Keeping It Neat: How to Have a Jolly Eco-Friendly Christmas
- by Clare Austin
Welcome to the Neat Blog, where we're all about making the world a bit tidier, one refill at a time. With the holidays just around the corner, it's time to sprinkle a dash of eco-friendliness into our festivities! Christmas is all about joy, giving, and—let’s face it—a whole lot of wrapping paper and excess. But fear not! We've got some merry tips to make your holiday season both cheerful and kinder to our planet.
- Wrap it Green: Let's kick off with wrapping! Ditch the shiny, single-use wrapping paper and opt for reusable alternatives. Fabric wraps, recycled paper, or even old maps can turn gifts into eco-friendly masterpieces. Plus, they add a touch of uniqueness that Santa's elves would envy.
- Gifts of Sustainability: 'Tis the season for giving, and what better way to spread cheer than with sustainable gifts? Think reusable water bottles, bamboo utensil sets, or perhaps a DIY kit for growing herbs. They're thoughtful, practical, and Earth-approved. Or what about one of our gorgeous bundles of luxurious, refillable foaming hand wash. Kind to hands and the planet! Check them out here.
- Light Up with LEDs: Twinkling lights are a Christmas staple, but traditional bulbs guzzle up energy like Rudolph devours carrots. Swap them for energy-efficient LED lights—they're kinder to your electricity bill and the environment. Win-win!
- Tree-mendous Choices: Ah, the centerpiece of Christmas—the tree! Opt for a reusable artificial tree or, better yet, a potted one you can plant after the holidays. If you prefer a real tree, ensure it's sustainably grown and compost it afterward. Mother Nature will thank you.
- Home for the Holidays: Hosting the festive feast? Ditch the disposable cutlery and plates for reusable ones. Not only will your table look classier, but you'll also reduce waste and be the host with the most eco-friendly flair.
- Mindful Munching: Speaking of feasts, try to serve up some plant-based options. Trust us, a veggie roast can rival even the jolliest turkey! Cutting down on meat even for a meal or two can significantly reduce your holiday carbon footprint.
- DIY Decor Delights: Get crafty and create your own decorations! Gather pine cones, dried oranges, and cinnamon sticks for a homemade garland or ornaments. It's a fun activity for the family and a charming way to spruce up your space.
- Give the Gift of Time: Sometimes the best gifts don't come wrapped. Offer experiences or services—like cooking a meal, giving a massage, or organizing a movie night—that create memories without adding to the stuff pile.
- Recycle, Recycle, Recycle: Finally, after the merry celebrations wind down, remember to recycle properly. Give your waste a second chance at life by sorting it correctly and disposing of it responsibly.
Remember, it's the little changes that sleigh the day! By infusing your Christmas with eco-conscious choices, you'll not only spread joy but also contribute to a healthier planet for all. Neat is here to support your journey toward a more sustainable holiday season.
We believe in making everyday choices that leave a positive impact. So, grab your reusable mug of hot cocoa, gather 'round and let's make this Christmas both merry and kind to our planet.
From all of us at neat., have a jolly, eco-friendly Christmas!
Don't forget to check out our range of sustainable and refillable home and hand care products at Neat to keep your home sparkling clean while keeping the Earth happy. Cheers to a Neat and Green holiday season!
- Posted in: